State Team Information
NJBMX sponsors a State Team series at the NJBMX State Qualifiers and the State Championship. Anyone may form a team and enter to compete as a team at the state races. Teams are encouraged to have matching jerseys, as this helps promote team spirit. Total awards for the year amount to over 150% of the entry fees received. The more teams we have, the better the competition and fun! If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Haugh (email@example.com ).
Creating, registering and updating a NJBMX state team:
1. Any licensed NBL rider who plans to race the NJBMX State Series may be part of a state team. If you have a national team that includes riders from other states, this does not mean they cannot be on your team, however, if they do not plan to ride in the NJ State Series, do not include their name on the roster you turn in to NJBMX. There is no limit to the number of people on your team roster. Team roster forms are available at njbmx.org and will also be available at the state qualifiers.
2. A team roster must be turned in to a NJBMX State Team representative at the first state qualifier in which the team enters the team competition. *Note, all riders must have a commitment form signed before rider is eligible to be added to the State Team Roster.
3. Commitment forms must be turned in for each rider on the team. If a rider is under 18 years old, a parent must also sign the commitment form. Commitment forms are available at njbmxracing.org, and will also be available at the state qualifiers.
4. Riders who are not already on a current season’s state team roster are eligible to be added to a team at least seven (7) days prior to the race in which he/she will be competing (excluding the first race where the initial roster is turned in).
5. When a rider leaves a team, the team manager and/or the rider must notify Donna Transue AND Nancy Haugh, in writing (either paper note or by email), of the change in the roster. This rider is ineligible to ride for another team for 30 days after the notification is received. A rider cannot be added to a new team roster without notification from the previous team manager that the rider is no longer a member of that team.
6. If an Expert rider reclassifies to Novice that rider can not be used on a team sheet in any class for TWO years from the date of the move back or until the rider returns to Expert proficiency, whichever comes first. If an Elite Man or Woman, Super-X or Masters rider reclassifies (moves back a class) that rider cannot be used on a team sheet in any class for ONE year (365 days) from the date of the move back or until the rider returns to the proficiency, whichever comes first.
7. Each team member should be dressed in a team jersey, if possible.
8. All team rosters will be frozen as of two (2) months before the scheduled State Championship Race date.
Rules for Entering a Team Sheet at Races:
1. Team managers may enter up to two teams per race. Only the best of the two scores will be counted.
2. All team sheets must be signed by the team manager or his/her designated representative. All team sheets must be turned in to an NJBMX State Team representative, with the $15 entry fee, prior to the start of the race. Sheets turned in after the 1st gate drops will not be accepted.
3. The best scored team sheet must be turned in to a NJBMX State Team representative within 15 minutes of the completion of the race or it will not be counted for that day’s competition.
4. Each team sheet shall normally consist of a maximum of 4 riders. However, if there is at least one girl on your team sheet, you may enter 5 riders on the team sheet. The four (4) highest rider’s scores will count towards the team score.
5. Only registered riders who are at the event may be used on team sheets.
6. A rider may not be used twice on the same team sheet, even in two different classes.
7. A rider may not be used in the same class on two different team sheets.
8. The following maximum number of riders per class may be included on any given team sheet: a. Four (4) Pros, Experts, Novices or Rookies
b. One (1) Open
c. Two (2) Girls, (2) Cruisers, or a combination of 1 Cruiser and 1 Girl. (Note: An eligible girl MUST be registered and race as a GIRL or a FEMALE CRUISER for the day of the event. A girl that is registered as a female rookie, novice or male cruiser on the day of the event will be NOT be eligible to be used as a girl to satisfy the "Must use one girl" rule in item 4.)
9. In the event that a race is cancelled due to rain/weather, any team entry fees that were submitted will be refunded. Unsportsmanlike conduct
If a team uses unsportsmanlike conduct. A verbal protest may be made to the Chairperson to determine if the team should be disqualified. All team protest must be written and handed to the Chairperson within 10 minutes of the original verbal complain. The Chairperson may request a team managers meeting to vote on the protest. Scoring a Team Sheet:
1. Each rider on a team sheet receives points as follows, regardless of proficiency:
For each moto: For the main:
1st place = 50 points 1st place = 90 points
2nd place = 45 points 2nd place = 80 points 3
rd place = 40 points 3rd place = 70 points
4th place = 35 points 4th place = 60 points 5
th place = 30 points 5th place = 50 points
6th place = 25 points 6th place = 40 points
7th place = 20 points 7th place = 30 points
8th place = 15 points 8th place = 20 points
Note if a rider does not make their main, they will get 0 points for the main, but their moto points will still be counted.
2. In the event that a race is shortened to the two (2) moto system due to weather, the 3rd moto finish should be entered on the team sheet as the best finish from the first two motos.
3. The total scores for the best 4 riders are added together, and this is the team score.
4. In the event of a tie in total team scores, the tie will be broken in the following order: a. Highest team score in the mains.
b. Most number of 1st place finishes. c. Most number of 2nd through 8th place finishes.
d. Most number of riders by classification in the following order from highest to lowest:
e. Most number of riders by classification as in (c) above, by age, with oldest riders ranking higher than younger riders.
5. Team sheets that are turned in will be verified against scoring sheets at the completion of the race.
Awards for the Race Day:
1. All teams that enter a valid team sheet are eligible for awards of the day. Awards will be given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams for each race day. The awards shall total 100% of the entry fees for that race. This includes the State Championship race.
2. Award money will be given out as soon as entry sheets are validated.
3. Unless there are unusual circumstances, the top 3 teams from the race will be asked to ride in the parade lap for the next State Qualifier race.
Awards for the State Series:
1. There are 5 State Qualifiers. For each team, the best four (4) team scores from the state qualifiers, along with the State Championship team score will be counted towards the year end total team score.
2. Ties in total season team scores will be broken by how the teams placed at the State Championship.
3. Any team that enters at least Four (4) State Qualifiers, and the State Championship, will be eligible for year end awards.
4. Year end awards will consist of a 50% payback of the total entry fees for the season, plus trophies, banners or other for all eligible teams. Awards will be presented at the NJBMX banquet.
5. The season standings will be updated after each qualifier and posted on the NJBMX website (njbmxracing.org).